Pages

Recipe: Side/Main Dish - Cowboy Caviar

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

As a relatively unskilled chef, with a penchant for healthy eating, dishes like Cowboy Caviar are my Jam. All you have to do is get a bunch of healthy ingredients, pour into a bowl, and stir. Easy, healthy, fast. Um, hello? That's amazing. Oh, and it's vegan, gluten free, sugar free. So, like, duh.

Thomas' Mom gave me the recipe and If you're reading this, Luba, I hope this isn't a family secret. If so, please still like me, I think you're really amazing and I love your recipes. P.S. I'm sorry?!

________________________________________________________


Cowboy Caviar 



Ingredients:

1 (12 oz) can corn, rinsed & drained
2 (15 oz) cans black-eyed peas, rinsed & drained
2 Avocados
1 bunch green onions, chopped
4-5 Roma tomatoes, diced
1/4-1/2 Cup red wine vinegar, to taste
2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce, to taste
Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions:

1. Combine all ingredients except the Avocado
2. Allow to sit in the refrigerator for several hours, or overnight
3. Peel and dice the avocados just before serving
4. Add avocado to remaining ingredients and stir gently to combine

*Side Dish: Serve as dip with Tortilla Chips
*Main Dish: Mix with Rice or Quinoa, Yum!

**If you plan to eat this over the course of more than 1 or 2 days (like I do, as it's a great week-long dinner/lunch/snack option), consider splitting batch into two bowls. This way you only use one avocado at a time and they stay fresh.

Xxo, L


No comments:

Post a Comment