1/3/18

2018: Happy New Year!



For starters, I want to say that I wrote this blog yesterday, in it’s entirety, but when I went to post it today… all that was left on my word doc was the title

It was like college all over again: The time when I deleted a 4-page paper for creative writing class. Except today I didn’t run crying to a 24 hour cafĂ© in order to purchase ALL THE COFFEE and pull an all-nighter. Nor did I then have to print out a copy in purple ink, because the black ink ALSO ran out on said paper-deletion-day. 

Nope, no printing today, and flashback to reality: Thank God, blogging doesn't involve ink, because I don’t even own a printer anymore.

So....... Happy New Year! It’s day 3, how is everybody doing? Running? Journaling? Meditating? Pounding leafy greens? Uncorking wine?

Personally, I made a point of not formulating any hard and fast resolutions this year, but came up with a few fun ideas anyway:

  1.  Make butt more like peach and less like small waterbed

  2. Be nice to people, even when they drive really slow, or walk really slow, OR walk really slow and then just STAND THERE blocking you from everything in every aisle at the grocery store (even if it doesn’t make sense unless said people are deaf and blind which they clearly are NOT because they are too busy staring at all the glorious produce)

  3.   Cut out all dairy  Eat less cheese


*snot* bah-ch-cha-ch-chaeeesseeee!

Resolutions can be a double-edged sword: on one hand they offer motivation to get up and live that life you’ve been talking about:

“Oh yeah, me and my 45 dogs went to Malibu last weekend, it was a perfect get away. I’m thinking about buying a mansion, Ah-tahahhahhaahha!”

And, resolutions can sorta make you feel like trash when you don’t achieve them:
  
“Lauren, where is your butt?”

“Well Karen, when I never worked out ever, it just disappeared. It’s basically a drained waterbed back there. I have to sit on a medical-grade donut tube so that my tailbone doesn’t break. THANKS FOR ASKING.” 

With all that said, our individual needs are vastly different; not just from one another but from ourselves, year by year.

So if you aren’t making resolutions – Great. 

And if you are making resolutions, Get After it! 

And whatever it is you are doing to feel good, keep on keepin’ on....because I'm sure looking forward to seeing you in Malibu....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment