2/21/18

Anthropologie: Still all it's Cracked Up to be



This week I was doing some sourcing for a client when I, sort of rediscovered Anthropologie. Not that I've actively ignored the shop, but more that I tucked it away in the "Really Cool Stuff" file and haven't updated it since.

Also, Anthropologie is one of those places that got so hot, that it went from "OH MY GOD THIS PLACE - HAVE YOU BEEN??" to people saying "Yeah it's really nice, but not that nice." But guess what?

It's really nice and it really is that nice.

I'm totally blown away by their choice of color and shapes; and everything somehow feels, reachable. Most people wouldn't do their whole home in Anthropologie (although, you could and it would be f***ing rad, and if you want to do that, please call me). But it's reachable in the way that you could throw in a piece or two into your current style, whatever that may be, and it would work.

Below are a few pieces I've been oggling all afternoon; so grab your drool bib, and Enjoy.


Slide View: 5: Pavo Side Table 


Slide View: 2: Palace Portrait Chair 



Slide View: 1: Hand-Embroidered Safari Rug 



Slide View: 3: Coppice Shell Pendant 

To my clients who don't have jungle-color-anthro-fever, please do not worry. I understand that this is a niche style, and is one specific to only the right client. I haven't gone off the deep end. But, like I said, if you're someone who is ready to go off the deep end, let's do it.

Final note: I'm sorry to say that I do not recommend their sofas or any of their larger soft goods. I've heard nothing but bad things about the construction from multiple sources.


No comments:

Post a Comment