8/17/18

New Ikea Products that you may just need to own.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I love mostly like Ikea.

Should you design your whole house around the Ikea catalog? Probably not.

Should you buy things here and there that you think are really awesome? Heck yes.

I am by no means "above" Ikea, or any brand for that matter. The fact is that you never know where the perfect piece is waiting for you, and no one knows (once you've styled it properly) what it cost you, or where it came from. In fact, the task of making inexpensive items look high-end, is super fun (for me anyway, if that's not the case for you.. call me). 

This week I'm sharing my top picks from the new Ikea catalog, check them out below:


Kungsbacka Kitchen
If you've been following my blog, then you know about the huge crush I have on black accents. A black kitchen not only says "hey I have food in here!" it also says "I'm full of mystery and look great in dim lighting!" 
And while I don't often recommend purchasing cabinets at Ikea (not that it's a total no, but just that there are so many stronger options out there to explore, first) but this kitchen was SO stunning, I couldn't leave it out. Not to mention, it is made entirely of recycled materials. Don't believe me? Even Elle Decor is swooning over that fact.

Bollebygd Display Box
I l-o-v-e pieces like this. At only 14" high and 9" wide, this dramatic accent is not only fun to look at, it's functional too! Place it in any room and watch it fill up with goodies: Sunglasses, medicine, spices, jewelry, pearl binoculars (am I seeing that correctly??) whatever knick-knacks you've got, they would play nice in here.


Are you seeing this? It's a chair AND a towel rack. Considering that I use almost every chair in my house as a hamper, something like this is a Godsend. Not only can you stack things, but you can hang them, like the proper human being you were raised to be.

Fjallberget Chair
This chair is advertised as a conference chair, but I'm in love with the idea of using these as dining room chairs. Drawn to the clean lines and Scandinavian Minimalism, this chair makes my brain go "Ahhhh" every time I look at it.

A simple design and use of natural materials make this piece a winner. The vertical strips of wood on the headboard, contradicted with a horizontal slat on the foot-board, offer just enough interest to the viewer. Plus, Ikea must have thought "hey maybe bare wooden headboards are a little too harsh" so they took some leather straps and attached a couple cream pillows to the frame. I love the softness these pillows add physically, as well as visually.

(P.S. If you aren't in the market for a bed, that sweet little nightstand is only $69!)


Eldtorel Pillow (um, that pink one in the front)
A trip to Ikea is never complete without a new pillow... or at least when I go, that's the case! and this guy is next on my list. If you squint, it sort of looks like a sunset... but mostly its just a fun play of pinks, blues, and gold? brown? goldy brown? Anyways, go get it, it's only $6.99.

L

No comments:

Post a Comment