2/20/21

Day 3: IVF

Day 3 was pretty normal until the evening when I was hit with a swarm of illogical feelings. Everything made me feel bummed out and the phrase, "this is only temporary" spun through head, at warp speed.

By the time Eric and I got into bed, I unloaded an emotional performance of which, I found even myself wondering "What the hell am I talking about?" Because, as words came out, I realized how out of touch I was. It's amazing how, when emotions take over, something can make so much sense in your head, but the moment you give it life, it's just a big mess. 

I've always been extremely sensitive (mood-wise) to hormonal birth control, and that's what I'm on right now. I have to take it for three-weeks so that our fertility doctor will be able to pinpoint exactly when and where my eggs are at. Timing is paramount to the IVF process, and this series of birth control will direct us into the next step... *cringe* the daily injections (which begin next month).

So there I was on Day 3, with hormones munching on my mind and shoving me into an emotional prison.

Poor, poor Eric.... So many more days of this ahead....

On the bright side today, day 4, is showing promise. Eric and I went to the gym this morning, and now I'm sitting here, sipping a giant cup of coffee, while Eric cooks us breakfast (eggs and turkey bacon). 

Pray for me. Pray for Eric. Better yet, just mail him bottles of whiskey. He's gonna need it. 


Xx, Lauren 


No comments:

Post a Comment