2/22/21

Day 6: IVF - I feel nauseous

Nausea. 

It's a side effect for practically any medication you can think of. Even if it's not listed on the bottle as a side effect, there's still a good chance that nausea could come your way. 

As in my case.

I was so nauseous this morning that I spent much of it lying on my bathroom floor. A silver mixing bowl laid next to me, at the ready, should I need to vomit and poop at the same time... In the bowl's reflection I saw my miserable face, and thought "I'm sorry this is happening" as well as "you look like hell" and the classic, "You can't remember the last time you cleaned this floor, can you?" Nope, no I couldn't. 

Eventually, when the waves of nausea subsided, I peeled myself off the floor and crawled into the shower. Once I had myself pulled together, I drove to work, and arrived something like 20 minutes late to a meeting I was supposed to run....

Side Note: It's always so awkward when stomach issues make you late. What was I supposed to say, "Sorry I'm late, I had the poops!"?????

In this case, I opted for saying nothing, and thankfully, nobody asked. 

On my drive to said meeting, I called my Dad, and when we were only a couple minutes into the call, I got short with him over something completely benign. To which he replied, "So... how are those hormones doing? "Damnit", I thought "he caught me."

"Oh, I don't know" I said "I mean, it's hard to tell if it's the hormones, or if I'm just generally a grumpy hag." 

"Honey, you're taking a bunch of hormones, of course you feel like a grumpy hag." he kindly replied.

Ah, my Dad. He gets me.

I will say that in defense of the birth control I'm taking, I have also been testing a new (non-narcotic) medication for my back pain. So that, plus my usual roundup of pills, has me taking a lot more than usual; meaning, as far as the nausea is concerned, it's hard to say what exactly is causing it. Is it this or that? Or all of them together? Hard to say.

But that's where things are at. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm feeling quite nauseous again this evening, and need to go find a nice bathroom floor to lie on.

No comments:

Post a Comment