11/28/21

Favorite Chopped Salad

 


I'm a huge fan of chopped salads, for a few reasons:

1. They stay crisp for days, and the flavor gets richer day after day.

2. If I'm honest... I don't really like leafy greens! As a nutritionist, I feel like an imposter for saying that... but, I can't lie to myself. So chopped salads are a great way to get in a wide variety of vegetables/nutrients and easily replace those leafy greens. Cabbage especially is a fabulous substitute,  Cabbage is an exceptionally healthy food. It has an outstanding nutrient profile and is especially high in vitamins C and K.

3. Chopped Salads are an easy addition to your Sunday batch cooking (which for me anyway, is key to my diet! If I don't prep foods on Sunday, my diet takes a significant dive during the week.

Below is my go-to Chopped Salad Recipe:

Ingredients:

3-4 Celery Stalks, Diced
1 Cucumber, Diced
1 Bell Pepper (Red, Yellow, or Orange), Diced
1/2 Red Cabbage, Diced
1/2 Cup Organic Italian Salad Dressing

Directions:

Place Vegetables in a Large Mixing Bowl. Pour Dressing Over and toss.

Enjoy!

Lasts 3-5 days in the fridge.

Xx, Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment