4/23/20

Smoothie: Antioxidant Blast "Berries and Cilantro"

*Originally Posted February 2013*


3/4 C Frozen Berries
1 C Almond Milk
1.5-2 C Green Leaf Lettuce
Lg. Pinch Cilantro
*Please note that I guesstimated these amounts: feel free to adjust slightly

Blend - Enjoy!

I came up with this smoothie by throwing together ingredients I had on hand and, guess what, it was awesome. I wouldn't normally add cilantro to a smoothie, but after reading about its antioxidant properties I thought I would give it a shot. I'm glad I did because it really made the smoothie over the top. It didn't add a strong "cilantro-flavor" at all, rather, it just gave a cool refreshing after-taste the the drink. Even better, you can blend this in a regular ol' blender. No Expensive Vitamix required.

Enjoy alone or with another serving of fruit on the side, and you've got yourself an antioxidant blast meal.

You can thank me later.

xo

L

6 comments:

  1. Oh Lauren, how clever! I love making smoothies. I can't wait to someday get my hands on a Vitamix Mixer! So many of my friends have them, and use them for a million different things, and swear by them! That'd be something to add to your Christmas list. Or heck, Birthday List! Yours is coming up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good! It's a great flavor. Basil is also a good replacement. Especially in the warm months ;-)

      Delete
    2. IDK what's going on with this comments section.. that was for My Mom!

      This is what I was trying to post:

      I bought one years ago actually :-) I'm afraid I've almost worn it out! Do you have one? They're worth it. Although, I've heard the Ninja brand, which is a fraction of the price, is just as good.

      Delete
  2. When we go to the grocery store in a week, we are going to pick up some cilantro and try this smoothie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good! It's a great flavor. Basil is also a good replacement. Especially in the warm months ;-)

      Delete
  3. Hi! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a team of volunteers and new initiatives in the same niche. Blog gave us useful information to work. You have done an amazing job! bl66dm66n

    ReplyDelete