8/22/20

On-The-Go Cauliflower Soup (GF, SF, DF, Vegan, Paleo)

The Candida Diet I'm currently following has left me with very limited On-The-Go food options. I'm regularly eating large salads, proteins, and veggies, which all require fork and knife. So when I get busy at work, it's either take time out of my busy day to eat, or just go hungry. Neither of which are a great options; especially when I'm driving (which I do a lot for work).

That said, I've discovered blended soups as a fantastic on-the-go option.

This soup is not only easy for on-the-go, but it's a simple and quick thing to batch cook on Sundays, thus giving you a week full of soup. 

I will say that cauliflower soup alone, doesn't hold me over. But toss in serving of almonds, some chopped up raw veggies, and maybe a green apple, and you have an entire candida-diet-approved, whole-foods, on-the-go lunch, in a snap. 

On-The-Go Cauliflower Soup (GF, SF, DF, Vegan, Paleo)



Ingredients

1 head cauliflower, chopped into 1-inch pieces
1 yellow onion, diced
1-2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
Salt and Pepper
1 Tablespoon dried rosemary
1 Tablespoon dried thyme
4 cups vegetable broth

Directions
  • In a large stock pot, place chipped cauliflower, diced onion, coconut oil, salt, pepper, and dried herbs. Cook over medium heat to mix all the flavors together for a few minutes.
  • Pour in Vegetable broth, plus enough water to cover the veggies. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Let simmer for 10-15 minutes or until you can easily pierce cauliflower with a fork.
  • In batches, transfer soup to blender and blend until creamy. Taste for seasoning, adding more salt and pepper as needed.
Recommended Serving Containers

Wishing you good great health,

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment