6/23/20

Yes, You Should Try Cauliflower Pizza (+Recipe)

Cutting Gluten out of my diet has been, without a doubt, the most effective dietary change I have made for myself. And it's no wonder, since gluten is one of the top four most inflammatory ingredients. 

 The Top Four being...
  • Alcohol
  • Processed Sugar 
  • Dairy
  • Gluten

I do my best to limit the others (especially dairy) but as of yet, I haven't achieved the super-status of cutting them all out. 

For now, my body is reacting well to removal of gluten. My body looks different and feels better. I didn't have any weight loss with it, but that wasn't my goal. That said, we are all individuals with individual reactions, as well as individual reasons for choosing what we do and do not put in our bodies. So your experience may be different. 

I do "cheat" from time to time. Like if I'm visiting home and my Mom serves me pasta, or if we go to a nice restaurant and sourdough bread show up...you better believe I'm having a slice. 

But that's one of the cool things about gluten. You CAN cheat. Gluten is only really bad for you, when it's built up up in your system. It's the day after day, of bread and pasta (and all the other goodies) that create this sort of, gluey substance, that hangs out in your body and causes inflammation.* 

So, if you typically have gluten eliminated from your meals, then you won't have any of the gluey build up hanging out in your body. Meaning: if you toss in a slice of bread from time to time, it will easily slide in and out of your system, without getting stuck.*

All that said, there are gluten-filled-foods that I miss. And one of them, is Pizza. 

So when I started hearing about Cauliflower pizza crust, I tuned in. And when it cropped up at Trader Joes for $3.99, you know I bought it. 

And you know what, it's good! No, it's not pizza dough. But it is a deliciously crusty vessel on which you may load with all your favorite pizza toppings. 

Simple Vegan Cauliflower Pizza

Ingredients

1 Pre-Made Frozen Pizza Crust 
1 Jar Pizza Sauce (or in a pinch, you can use a jar of marinara sauce)
Sliced Veggies of your choosing
Shredded Vegan Cheese (I like using Daiya Mozarella - it's sold in most grocery stores)




Directions

  1. Follow the instructions on the pre-made crust. If you're using the Trader Joes Brand as I prefer, this means: Preheat oven to 450 degrees, Bake on a pan for 10-12 minutes, flip and bake other side for 10-12 minutes. After the crust is fully cooked then you head to your toppings..

  2. Spoon on the Pizza or Marinara sauce 



  3. Sprinkle the "Cheese"



  4. Slice and place veggies, then top with a little more "cheese"



  5. Broil for 4-5 minutes



*If you believe you have a true gluten allergy and/or suffer from Celiac Disease, please know that my suggestions are intended for people who do not suffer from this condition. Please consult your physician, as these laissez-faire rules do not apply to you.

Wishing you good great health,

Lauren 


No comments:

Post a Comment